Age Guidelines 2013-2014
Questions? Please email our Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 10-month school year is divided into Fall & Spring semesters to coincide with the MVLA Adult Education calendar.
|| Class Age Guidelines
|| Who Is This Class For?
Child must be 2.5 years old by September 2, 2013
(child will be turning 2 years old by March 2, 2013)
- Older twos & young threes
- Possibly 1st time separation from parent
- Might not attend kindergarten in 2 years
|3s and 4s
||M, W, F
|Child must be 3 years old by September 2, 2013
- Threes & young fours
- Might or might not attend kindergarten the next year
||M, T, W, Th
Child must be 4 years old by September 2, 2013
- Older fours
- Will probably attend kindergarten the next year
- Ready to enjoy more structure and academics
Tuition & Other Fees 2013-2014
|Application Fee: (non-refundable)
||$65 per child
||$225 per month
|3s and 4s
||$325 per month
||$435 per month
|Classroom Materials Fee: non-refundable)
||$150 per semester
$275 annually in advance
|Insurance Fee: (per year non-refundable)
||$40 per year
|SCVC Fee: (per year non-refundable)
||$12 per year
* First Installment, due with Application Form, is refundable up to May 1st, 2013
Last installment, due by the first day of school in September, is refundable if 30 days’ written notice of intent to leave is given to the Registrar by December 1, 2013.
Families with two children enrolled will receive a 10% discount on the second child.
Click here to download the PDF application form.
- This PDF requires (free) Acrobat Reader 6 and above, download a free copy here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html
- This form can only be printed, not saved; however, it does have fields you can fill out digitally.
- Use mouse to move between field if the tab key does not work perfectly
- Do not over fill a line beyond its end, extra characters beyond line end will not be printed
- Signature and date fields are to be hand-written only
To apply, complete the application form, sign the commitment form, and write two checks to LAPP; one for the non-refundable Application Fee ($65) and one for September tuition (see Tuition chart above). Remaining fees (which include the last Tuition installment, Materials fee, Insurance fee) will be collected in September 2013 prior to school starting.
In order to make LAPP financially accessible to all families, LAPP offers financial aid. Applications are due by March 1. Applying families must have a child enrolled in one of our upcoming fall classes. A second financial aid application due date of August 1 will be in place if funds are still available. Contact the Registrar at email@example.com for an application and more information.
Welcome to Los Altos Parent Preschool, a parent participation school! By enrolling your child at LAPP, you also become a student. Members of LAPP, are expected to fulfill certain responsibilities to operate the school.
As LAPP members, we commit ourselves to the following overall basic membership requirements:
- Work in your child’s classroom approximately 1 day per week.
- Attend General and Class meetings.
Help run the school by serving on the Board of Directors or filling any position on LAPP’s organizational chart e.g. Hospitality, Scheduler, Desktop Publisher.
Help maintain the building and grounds of the school at 1 of the 3 Major Maintenance Days per year. Approx. 5 hours per year.
Work approx. 5 hours on a special coop event e.g. Open House, LAPP Rummage Sale or Carnival.
Enroll in electronic scrip programs such as eScrip.
Attend some of LAPP’s community building school events, as listed in the school’s calendar each semester e.g. field trips, Sharing Feast, Stories Under the Stars, Spring Sing, Carnival, etc.
Provide refreshments for the adults at one General, Class, or Board meeting.
- Required Meetings: September All Member Coffee, September Class Orientation and the
October Conflict Resolution Training Meeting. Families are expected to attend all three
- General Meetings: Two evening parent education lectures. Typically one in the fall and one in the spring. Each family is expected to attend both general meetings.
- Class Meetings: Monthly meetings of the teachers and work parents of each class. Families are expected to attend all class meetings.
Los Altos Parent Preschool admits students of any race, color, gender, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other school-administered programs.